Skip to Main Content
Policy & Guidelines documents
WITT Turnitin Policy Summary
- Turnitin is implemented primarily as a learning tool to improve academic integrity
- Recommended for formal academic writing for Level 3 and above
- Students must be able to view their originality reports
- Students must be able to re-submit up to the due date
- Students are to be informed and enabled to use Turnitin
- Tutors should have training in the use of Turnitin software before using Turnitin.
- Turnitin is a text-matching software
- Turnitin does not detect plagiarism
- Turnitin helps students to demonstrate academic integrity in their work
- See Academic Guidelines for WITT Staff document under Policy & Guidelines for incidents identified through the use of Turnitin.