Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Policy & Guidelines documents
Turnitin Policy Summary
- Turnitin is implemented primarily as a learning tool to improve academic integrity
- Recommended for formal academic writing for Level 3 and above
- Students must be able to view their originality reports
- Students must be able to re-submit up to the due date
- Students are to be informed and enabled to use Turnitin
- Tutors should have training in the use of Turnitin software before using Turnitin.
- Turnitin is a text-matching software
- Turnitin does not detect plagiarism
- Turnitin helps students to demonstrate academic integrity in their work
- A student's work might be stored (anonymously) in a repository and compared against other student's work in the future.